ETA Australia (Travel)
Home > ETA Australia (Travel)
ETA Australia (Travel)
In Australia ETA stands for Electron Travel Authority. This gives you the authorization to travel and enter Australia. The ETA is linked electronically to your passport. This is designed for short holiday visits and business visits. Business visits using this system, should not include work.
Applying for the Australia ETA
Applying on line
To start with, please visit this official Australian web site for more specific information:
You can apply online from abroad. Please note, however that there are only a limited number of countries using this scheme:
- Hong Kong ( SAR PRC)
- Brunei (Darussalam)
- Republic of South Korea
- United States
To apply for the Australian ETA, you must have a passport, email and a valid credit card. The details in the ETA must match exactly all the information that is found in your passport.
Please note, all your travel documentation, ETA visa, and further visas, along with your passport will be checked thoroughly, by Australian Immigration. If there are any problems with any parts of the documents you may present, the gaining entry to Australia will be denied. Therefore, make sure everything is properly checked before you apply for entry to Australia.
Specific Australian ETA Visa Conditions
These include the following:
- You can reenter Australia as many times as you like during a 12 month period. The only would be if your passport ceases to be valid during this period. In which case this another factor that needs to be checked prior to your journey to Australia. That is, your passport will remain valid during your stay.
- The Australian ETA Visa covers a period of three months maximum, for each of your visits.
- You are not permitted during any of these periods to be involved in any business or work activities. You are allowed to do any of the following, however. These include going to conferences, trade fairs, seminars, and undertaking business enquirers. This also includes setting up business contracts. There are some further points. The specific business work includes, reviewing a business contract. This also covers signing, investigating and negotiating a business contract. Note, you should not be paid by the organization that has invited you to these events or activities.
- You can participate in official government activities, if you are supported and sponsored by your own government.
- You are only allowed to study up to three months.
- You must be tuberculosis free.
- There must be no criminal convictions for twelve months. This includes any sentences that may not have been served.
- If you have children, a partner, or dependent relatives, they must all make separate ETA applications.
- Please note that processing the ETA will be quick to process on line.
- The processing fee will be $20AU
What is a ETA Visa?
This is an embedded and encrypted microchip. This will provide greater security for those traveling to different countries. This can be found on any new passport that uses this system or an ETA visa. Immigration or immigration officials can read the chip when you enter Australia. The microchip also carries all your passport information as well as biographical information.
This chip is designed so it cannot be “scanned,” “skimmed” or “hacked” by outside organizations.
The Online Application Process
You will need the following information to hard to complete the on line application process.
- Your surname or family name.
- Your first name or any middle name.
- Note if you have used another name in the past.
- Date of Birth: Day, Month, and Year.
- Select your country of birth on line
- Nationality, again select on line
- Passport number
- The date of issue of the passport, day, month and year
- The date the passport will expire (very Important): day, moth and year/
- If you are a citizen of another country.
Your Contact Information
- Telephone number
- Email address
Full Home address
- Post code or Zip code.
- Country, territory or region you are from.
- The type of visa you are looking for.
ETA VISA Digital Photograph requirements
The photograph must be taken by an approved professional photographer. Remember that the ETA digital photograph is “embodied” into the visa document. It is not stuck or taped on afterwards to the document. This must be a colour photograph. The face must take up most of the picture space, This is between 50% to 69% of the total picture, from the chin to the top of the face. Sun glasses should not be worn, unless this is part of a medical requirement. Hats may only be worn if you are part of a religious order that expects this. Wear your normal everyday clothing, unless again, there is a religious reason to wear other wise. The picture must be taken against a white or an off white back ground. Use a neutral expression and look straight at the camera.
Two Options For Getting an ETA Visa. Do the work yourself. Find an Agency to do it for You.
If you have time and want to save money, plus you are confident in your abilities, then by all means try getting the visa your self. The online process looks pretty straight forward. If you follow each stage through logically, step by step, the you should end up getting the ETA Australia (Travel) Visa.
However, if you hit problems and the application has been turned down, the you may need outside help.
Also, if you do have a bit of extra money to find outside help, then it may be an idea to get in touch with a reputable agency, who can guide you through this process.
If you are thinking of getting a working holiday abroad and need an ETA visa then consider approaching http://workinholiday.com.au/eta-australia/ They would be more than happy to help you with this process. This will surely be the most economical way of getting your travel permits, if you don’t want to do it yourself.